Friday, October 2, 2009

ME AND OFFICER PERKINS… A GAME OF ASTROLOGY GUESSING


I’m an old biker now… 65… rode my first bike, a 63’ Triumph Bonneville, when I was 19… and have always had some sort of bike in the garage or car port ever since …of various makes and models …and now have settled back onto a motorcycle that was my first love… another Bonnie… ‘Baby Blu’… a 2002 800cc vertical twin, modern retro-remake of the classic style of my first 1963 Triumph Bonneville.

…and yes, in my youth I was a bit of a “wild one” …leather jacket, jeans, boots, cruiser cap, shades, sideburns, etc …the ‘Brando’ look ...did some wheelies and other stupid silly things of youth… and then had some wrecks and broke my pretty motorcycles… and a bone or two …and I learned better.

I’m much more mellow now… and I simply enjoy a kicked back highway cruise …at 65 to 75 …haven’t had a speeding ticket in five years …well, alright… I haven’t been caught in five years …which brings us to the lovely subject of the article… Officer Perkins.

I know her name now… I read her name badge as we crossed paths at a Starbucks coffee shop… She is a sergeant and commands one the new and very beefed up police cruisers that patrols one of the communities that I ride through on occasion…

…over the years older bikers develop a ‘sixth sense’ that detects radar and hidden police cruisers …and there she was that first day …a hundred meters up the street…the shinny front end of her cruiser sticks out a little from the driveway and the sun reflects off the radar gun that suddenly sticks out the drivers window… and I’ve already backed off and hold it right at the posted 45 as I ride by… and turn and smile as she paints me.

…over the weeks now as I take my day off rides it’s become a delightful game between us …as I’ve learned all of the driveway, and shaded tree areas, where she sits hiding in her cruiser with her radar gun …it’s long open stretch that at the right time of day can be a nice 50-55 clip through town …and I know right where to back off …and cruise by at 45 …and smile at her.

…and this afternoon …our fated paths cross at Starbucks …she’s a very in shape attractive woman approaching 40 …fills out her uniform nicely …the heavy leather weapon and utility belt is snug around her waist and it squeaks as she walks by with her cup of coffee …fine classic chiseled features, probably Capricorn ascendant …a quiet commanding presence, a police officer, perhaps a Scorpio…

…our eyes meet, pow! …she’s definitely a Scorpio!… a very faint smile… perhaps Venus in Libra… oh, oh… that might conjunct my natal Mars… oh, my… this could get very complicated… her brief smile is saying, ‘I know you’re the bad boy… and you know that I know you’re the bad boy… and someday I’m going to catch you, bad boy…’

…now the question is …how do I get an attractive police officer’s date of birth …without getting arrested?

…yes, I’m enjoying my birthday off …and am living proof that age is totally irrelevant …and that guys never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment